Sunday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts for this Sunday.

1. I love laminating.  I think we should laminate more.  When I was doing my student teaching I discovered I could get the library to laminate things for me.  Then my teacher told me we had to pay for that out of the curriculum budget, unlike all the other copies. Good thing she had a huge savings- sorry lead teacher! But I still love me some melted plastic.

2.  Also love- gift bags.  Turns out I own quite a few of them. I wanted to buy some on Friday because they were on sale at Target and I stopped myself. Because I don't need any more bags. I don't think I actually need any.  but they are so pretty.

3. I went and saw the vow. It was fun. Not a great movie but I did almost cry several times.  The more children I have the more feelings I seem to develop. I decided I need to go back to book club or something so I have something to talk about, other than etsy and my new baby. or maybe I just need to find a scranton etsy mom- I bet I could. Etsy rules.

4.  I don't like it here.  Maybe it is the weather which is totally gray or the fact that John is in school and I having a hard time seeing the long term picture. Maybe it is the fact that I wish I had more energy to do yard work, even though it is the middle of winter. Maybe it is something else or I just have a bad attitude right now. I haven't been able to watch the office since I moved here because it just isn't funny that this place is strange. Whatever.  Peace out Scranton.

5.  My kids are cute when they play nice.  They put their stuffed animals to bed. Also Elmo spends a lot of time in the corner in time out. I don't think I put them in time out to warrant the amount of negative attention poor little Elmo is getting.

6.  I think writing a blog is boring. not boring- pinterest.  Hello awesome! I didn't even realize how cool pinterest could be. It's like filling up a shopping cart and pretending you are going to buy it, but from lots of different stores. http://pinterest.com/claireandjanae/ oh my I like some people's taste a lot.

7.  I really need a new zig zag foot for my pfaff. It is making me crazy. I don't want to drive the hour it takes to get to a pfaff store. Especially not with the three kiddos.  Even though they are good, they aren't that good. I wish the pfaff website had a store, or your could buy the feet at joann's.  Love my sewing machine- once again don't love Scranton, since one of the many things they don't have is a pfaff store.

8.  Andrew is probably our easiest kid. He has to go to the doctor a lot and he doesn't like that but he pretty reliably sleeps at least six hours.  Holy lucky me. I could see how people would have lots of kid if they were all like this.  That being said, I still feel a bit like a zombie. A lot.  He's still a baby after all, and babies are high maintenance.  Good thing they are also so adorable. I need to clean my house, it is oppressing me. Maybe I should just throw away all those messy kid toys...

9. I don't know how some people manage to be so sympathetic.  Your heart just goes out to them. I don't think I'm one of these people.  Sometimes I wish I was, because I have this theory that if I was people would show up at my house with pie and hang out with me sympathetically and hold my baby while I worked on stuff.  But then i get annoyed with people whining about their lives and I wouldn't want people to think that of me. I am also not someone people usually push around either so that's good. Too bad it seems hard to be both.

10. I was watching the view in the waiting room at the doctors office for Andrew and they were talking about how Obama made a comment about taxes and referred to the scriptures where much is given, much is required.  One of the girls didn't like it.  At first I really related to that comment, because I feel like you should want to help other people.  Then I sort of understood where she was coming from, because I don't know if I feel like government should control your religious practice. In Germany the church can automatically take taxes from your paycheck like the government.  It seems so tidy and easy, but very foreign for me since America really pounds the separation of church and state. It's odd when you go somewhere else and realize how much this huge issue is a non-point other places. Still not sure how I feel about the whole thing, except that I might still be a little too sleep deprived to consider moral implications in politics. I think I need more friends who like to talk about this kind of stuff.
and like board games.  Seriously miss the board game club where I lived before. I didn't necessarily like those people or have much in common except the love of board games.  on the down side I came pretty close to learning to play magic, and paint some of my board game figurines. Confirming that it is time to embrace my inner geek a little more.

How was your Sunday?

kathryn (February 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM)  

I love this kind of post! So many things to comment on... The pictures are ADORABLE! Andrew is so stinkin cute! I wish I lived close and I would come over with pie and hold him while you worked on things and then we could play a board game. I LOVE pinterest too! I get the same buzz. When I have the urge to shop online, if I go to pinterest, it subdues that urge and gives me projects to think about and plan. What is a pfaff store??? You are a super woman right now!!! Three is tough! And you are doing it in the middle of winter and with a husband in medical school! And far away from family! Super woman!

sivab (February 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM)  

Since Mark won't take me to Scranton you should come visit me. Custard Hut opened back up for the year. I will by you a sundae to eat while we drive to the Pfaff store by mark's work.

Reighlyn (February 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM)  

Where is the Pfaff Store? Maybe I could pick up the foot when I come visit you? Oh, and we are available for a weekend visit on the first weekend in March and the last two weekends of March. Let me know if any of those would work for you? I would love to make you some pies and I'll bring my sewing machine too, I'd love to work on some projects or hold a baby all you want. And we even have some board games that the kids even like. Anyways, just let me know!
-Reighlyn-

Post a Comment