Hello New Bed

Mark climbed out of his crib the other day. That was a total bummer. So I got to live my ultimate dream and re-printed THESE great plans from the Knock Off Wood site. I heard about the site from one of my other favorite sites, Rambling Renovators. (and I heard about that site from Sara of course). You see I have a dream about power tools and my table saw. John and I realized that dream by building our little Mark a bed. Then I put the quilt I made Mark before he was born on the bed. Now we need to build Danielle a matching pink bed for her little quilt. She is anxiously awaiting her pink bed.

Did I mention I have planned several other building projects in the near future? well I do.
I have to admit that our little bed cost more than the plans projected. I got the stuff for about 90 dollars, including my new POWER SANDER. I can add that to the cost, right?
Next time I might blow the projections with a jigsaw...

I just had to add the picture with our great prints for Mark's nursery aka the only completely decorated room in the house. Speaking of which mark needs a dresser. Maybe I will be able to build one soon.


I got these fantastic prints from FALLDOWNTREE on etsy. I LOVE them. if you go to falldowntree.com they have printable coloring sheets.


I love the internet, don't you?

Jen @ RamblingRenovators (May 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM)  

That bed is soooo awesome! It looks great - good work guys! I have a mile-long list of other things I want to build too. That site is addictive.

NaDell (May 18, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

Looks like it wasn't too hard to build since you're done already. It's beautiful!

kathryn (May 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM)  

Wow! That's amazing! You guys are so impressive! I love the bed and the prints and etsy!

Claire (May 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM)  

The bed looks amazing. Please come to my house and start building!

aaron wilkinson (May 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM)  

Very cool! But can't they just sleep on a crash pad? Seams like the logical thing to do...

Post a Comment