Birthday List. I'm turning 30.

well today is mother's day. complete with that creepy story about the mom who breaks into her son's bedroom his whole life. Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't get over how creepy this story seems? Maybe because the first time I heard it a creepy teacher read it- I don't know. I'm just really glad for mother's day that my mother in law doesn't just REALLY want to rock her sons to sleep still. She's super nice, but not in a creepy over involved way.
Also, at least two of the people we sent mother's day flowers to today did NOT get them. Fail.
Yesterday I was talking to my little sister (who is 25) about mother's day and and she asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Perfect. I love talking about stuff I want. Then mom asked me. and I realized I hadn't made a huge blog list for all my friends to look at and ignore.
This is like a portion of my birthday. I've talked a lot about the awesomeness of birthday lists. Maybe I should try to start making a mom shopping guide. and when i say mom I mean just make extensive lists of stuff I want.
So here are some things I want. I decided to leave off the traditional car since I want a new car for John and the Deck, because if you've ever spoken to me you know I want a deck, and that I won't get it for my birthday.

Stuff that is awesometastic.

  1. White Pottery Barn Frames. I want 3 8 by 10 s and some 4 by 6 single opening frames.
  2. Bulbs from Dutch Gardens. I want the Pink Estate Quantities. and the Cartouche Tulips. I also really want some irises.
  3. Fabric. I really Like Japanese echino fabric. I always think I will make things for my etsy shop with it but really it's too precious for that so I don't. My favorite seller of this fabric on etsy is MountainoftheDragon. You should check out her shop.
  4. A cushion for my outdoor glider in Delray Azure from Ballard Designs. OK or any blue fun color. The link is to the right size.
  5. A copper trellis for my beans.
  6. Wireless Remote Grilling thermometer from Williams Sonoma
  7. Barnes and Noble gift cards. I have a nook and I LOVE it.
  8. A Grilling brand from Williams Sonoma. How FREAKING cool is that?
  9. Kitchen Towels. You could even buy them from me...
  10. Kitchenaid. I want a teal one. or a blue one. Or a green one... or whatever.
  11. Electric pepper mill.
  12. New cookie sheets
  13. Family Photos
  14. a massage
  15. a haircut and color.
  16. Decorative Packing tape. I also love all paper products. Love.
  17. makeup.
  18. Hair Elastics
  19. Perfume- I want cool water for women and Chanel Allure and Eclat d'arpege
  20. Ceramic Jonathan Adler fox.
  21. A jigsaw.


service I want- like a million things. OK really this is a to do list. No one would ever be able to do all these things. Which is why they would end up on my list.
  1. all my dandelions pulled up
  2. the raspberries tied back.
  3. My trellises installed.
  4. Dirt spread around the back flower beds.
  5. stairs to the basement finished.
  6. batteries in my kitchen scale.
  7. my bathrooms cleaned. and my kitchen floor. I hate cleaning the kitchen floor. maybe because I have to do it several times a day...
  8. Garage shelves moved.
  9. Toilet installed upstairs.
  10. Roses planted
  11. Raspberries planted

Ridiculous stuff I wouldn't really ever ask for but wouldn't it be cool if I was rich and got this stuff?
  1. Ipad. hello, awesome.
  2. Lamb Shoes from Piperlime.
  3. Tucker Panel Dress. It's so fun and colorful. and expensive. I love it.
  4. Nook Color. I love my nook, but I love the color one more... what a greedy waste of money, right?
  5. Breville Toaster Oven. It got the highest ratings, you know.
  6. A Canon Camera. I have a Nikon. My son destroyed it. Thanks, Mark.
  7. a deck.
  8. a shed.
  9. Amy Butler Rug
  10. Amy Butler wallpaper
  11. personal training
Stuff I want to do.
  1. Go to the movies
  2. Go out to dinner with my friends.
  3. Go on a bike ride. (so I guess those tires need to be blown up...)
  4. Cheesecake Factory. OK maybe I'm craving that now...

NaDell (May 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM)  

I agree. That book is creepy. I can't rock my kids to sleep and I don't really sing to them. By that time of night, I'm DONE. Babies I'll rock to get them to sleep though, but just so they'll stop crying and I can go to sleep.
Happy Mother's Day! You'll have to track down those flowers you sent. Maybe they are behind and they will be delivered later today?

Carlie (May 8, 2011 at 10:59 PM)  

I like the book, but I'm not offended you think it is creepy because it really is. LOL. I really like your list. I wish I could come pull your dandelions. When I was kid, my parents would pay us a penny a dandelion. If no one offers for your birthday, you could try that too. And, when I get a pressure cooker, i really want to make pressure cooker cheese cake.

kathryn (May 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM)  

I agree with all of the comments about the creepiness of the book, but I tear up whenever I read it to the kids. I first heard that book by my third grade teacher. We acted it out for our parents. I also like your lists. They usually give me ideas on what I want. Mother's Day always remind me of two things: 1) mother hearts and 2) how you hate when mother's day falls on your birthday. Happy Mother's Day and Happy birthday later this week!

Mrs. Dr. (May 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM)  

Oh, this is the book that Joey does a "reading" of at Emma's first birthday in Friends. They skipped the middle bit on the show to make it less creepy.

Post a Comment