Sunday Thoughts

Seriously? I think I died. For real.
First I have a cold.
The perfect mom doesn't get colds.
We fast once a month- not eating or drinking for two consecutive meals (24 hours) for one day. we also pray for specific help or inspiration during that time. The money we save on the meals is donated to a "fast offering" which is used for humanitarian work.
Now some people don't normally fast- if you are taking certain drugs, nursing or pregnant- normal medical stuff. I think you can still get all the blessings of fasting if you do all you can.
Today I fasted almost two meals.

I think it might have made my cold feel better. Plus everything was tasting like snot so I wasn't too hungry.
Do you fast?

NaDell (June 8, 2010 at 12:18 AM)  

That would be why that Fasting thing is always on my yearly goals....I'm awful at it. If I could just drink water all day, I think I would do better.
I actually did REALLY well this time and I even work in the nursery with all of their delicious snacks.
I wish moms never got sick. They should work on a shot for that!

Carlie (June 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM)  

Reason #538 why I love nursing...fasting is one of my weaknesses, and I have a time when I don't need to feel guilty for being bad at it. Hope you feel better soon!

Post a Comment