How embarassing.

Well Jen and I are driving across the country and I have to share the most embarrassing thing that happened to me recently. You see I found some toilet paper in my pants. More specifically my friend found it. I didn't know what to say- the only other time this has happened to me was in college from a boy. I was mortified. Today it is worse. She asked me what was in my pants, and I don't think anyone else knew but she totally saw me pull out a piece of toilet paper. This person has historically been worried that I think they are messy, and the reason that I had the toilet paper is that I put toilet paper down as a mock seat cover. At their home. Where they live and reside.
I wasn't thinking that their house was messy. When I was young we learned about the dangers of hepatitis C in school- you should always use toilet seat covers. My mom showed us how to make our own toilet seat covers for when they are out of the regular ones. I have always preferred the toilet paper ones. It is easier to manipulate their shape. I always use two layers at least and start over if there is any suspicious liquid. I have learned that some people squat but that just seems a little more dangerous- so even with the crouch I feel the paper is important. The ritual of covering the toilet spread from just public toilets to home toilets and sometimes even my own toilet, if I'm not paying attention. How can I explain that it is always better safe than sorry even at someone's toilet in their bedroom in their residence. Is sorry Hepatitis, or some other fluid, or just getting caught with toilet paper in your pants? Do other people always line the seat? These questions are the stuff blogs are made of. Would this count as my most embarrassing moment because I always tell people I don't have one. No more. thanks toilet paper seat cover compulsion.

mablebrown (September 19, 2008 at 3:45 AM)  

Have you ever taken Microbiology? Probably not, if you think that two layers of toilet paper is going to protect your hiney from germs. I hate to burst your bubble, but you can't get Hep C from toilet seats. Nice TP story though.

janaemadsen (September 19, 2008 at 2:42 PM)  

I should clarify- I don't actually do the paper thing to protect from Hepatitis C. It's just something I do- obviously I don't fear that at people's house. The things they teach you in school to get you to wash your hands just never leave you, no matter what other people tell you.

mablebrown (September 19, 2008 at 2:59 PM)  

Sorry, Janae...I had a rough day at work yesterday involving some very contagious bodily fluids (my job sucks)! I wish I could wear an invisible germ shield, because my hands are literally cracking from washing them 1000 times yesterday.

Post a Comment