Diaper Guilt


I am pretty excited about Danielle being potty trained. I am not excited about having to potty train her myself. The blog momfessions is having a diaper carnival and you are supposed to link a post on your blog about diapers. Well I like pampers diapers. Danielle has sensitive skin and other diapers used to give her really bad rashes. Now she wears huggies overnights at night which I think is a pretty neat idea.
I wanted to want to cloth diaper my baby when she was born. The same time I was having a baby (well around the same time) Jen's neighbor was having a baby and she planned to cloth diaper. I was happy when she didn't do it the first few weeks, but then she switched over. Jen was a little grossed out since they shared a washer and dryer. When Danielle had to become a free range baby because her skin was allergic to diapers for a while I thought about cloth diapering. But I didn't do it. If I was a better person I would- or if any commercial laundry service had advertised in my area.
Just last week Danielle got excited about her diapers and said "elmo" and pointed to his picture on her diaper. Does this mean it is time for her to stop wearing diapers (seriously I am planning to start really potty training when she turns two in April) and learn that you can do more on the potty than just sit there? I hope so.

Sheila (February 19, 2009 at 7:07 PM)  

You are not a bad person for not using cloth-- it's not for everyone! It's not for me all the time either!


I can't wait for my Bug to be potty trained-- she'll be two in June!

Anonymous –  (February 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer (February 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM)  

Ha ha Janae! You got blog-spammed! Oh, the dangers of rising fame, huh?

As to the shared washer...It did gross me out at first. Then I decided that, if she could wash diapers guilt-free, then I could wash pug-laundry guilt free. It made me feel better to know that her diapers were probably then sporting their fair share of pug hair!

Talia (February 19, 2009 at 11:41 PM)  

you are not bad for not using cloth! i was against them too until my son's allergies forced me to switch!

IE Mommy Blogger (February 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM)  

Definitely not a bad person..otherwise I would be too! lol...enjoyed the read. Swing on by mine at The IE Mommy to read about it!

kathryn (February 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM)  

I think disposable diapers are one of the greatest inventions to the modern family. And I think your really brave to tackle potty training. You will save a lot of money!

Post a Comment